With temperatures hovering at freezing or above this week please take care when riding the trails that anyone grooms really. From Marquette to Grand Rapids we’re trying to hold on to our base until some more snow is in the forecast, which doesn’t appear to be anytime soon. We have signage up in the Ludington School Forest designating which trails are for fat bikes now. We’ll see if they work. There are just a lot more people outdoors with Covid still a factor, so there is a bunch of new folks in the woods that don’t know about the fragility of groomed trails. See post from NTN trails in MQT as an example.
JOIN SCCSupport the Shoreline Cycling Club's Winter Fat Bike Grooming Addiction.
- Submit your trail work hours
- International Mountain Biking Association
- Michigan Mountain Biking Association
- League of Michigan Bicyclists
- Spirit of the Woods NCT Chapter
- Trailhead Bike Shop
- Spindrift Cyclesports
- Hamlin Lake Bunkalow Rental
- Quiring Cycles
- The Outpost of Manistee
- West Michigan Trail Conditions FB Page
- A pretty decent compilation of Michigan Mountain Bike Racing